Wednesday, October 6, 2010

A new Tele Mod

Being a Tele kinda guy, myself, I love it when a customer has a new request for a mod on a Tele. Yesterday, a great player and new friend to me brought in a Tele for a pickup replacement job and a request to move the controls around on his Tele. He asked that I turn the control plate 180 out, so that the switch was on the other end of the plate. He wanted the volume control to be on the left side, closer to the picking hand for easier reach. It sounded like a great idea to me. He claims that guys in Nashville started doing this.
This required, turning the control plate around 180. The switch, also had to be turned around 180. The volume and tone controls had to be switched in their respectave positions also. With the guitar strapped on, looking down, the controls now were from left to right: Volume, Tone, and Selector Switch. The volume could now be much closer to swell and adjust. Genious!

No comments: